Proven Record of Excellence in All Areas of Municipal Law and Governance
Litigated Real Estate TaxMunicipal GovernanceMunicipal LawZoning Laws
Antonelli Kantor Rivera Attorneys have represented a variety of public and private clients on a multitude of matters involving New Jersey municipal law. Most notably, our firm advises government clients on virtually all aspects of municipal law including Open Public Records Act (“OPRA”) questions, police and fire protection issues, review of state and federal grant contracts, and the drafting and review of ordinances and resolutions on a wide variety of subjects. In addition, our Attorney have extensive experience in land use regulation, environmental law, labor relations, pension matters, procurement, construction contract administration and litigation, real estate, and taxation. The firm represents public clients in both litigation and general advisory capacities.
Our attorneys serve and/or have served as:
- Township Attorney for Union;
- City Attorney for Linden;
- Municipal Prosecutor for Fanwood;
- Special Litigation Counsel for the City of Elizabeth;
- Special Counsel¬ for the Union County Utilities Authority;
- Special Redevelopment Counsel for the Town of Dover;
- Special Litigation Counsel¬ for the Town of Dover;
- Special Counsel to County of Union;
- Special Counsel to Township of Hillside;
- Special Litigation Counsel to the City of Plainfield;
- Hearing Officer to the City of Plainfield;
- Special Litigation Counsel to the City of Perth Amboy;
- Labor Counsel to the City of Trenton;
- Special Counsel to the Joint Meeting of Essex and Union Counties;
- Special Counsel to Union Township;
- Outside litigation counsel to City of Trenton;
- Special Assistant County Counsel in Middlesex County;
- Special Project Counsel to the Middlesex Improvement Authority;
- Outside litigation counsel to Union County;
- Special Project counsel to the Town of Rahway;
- Special counsel to Town of Dover; and
- Redevelopment counsel for the Township of Hillside.
In that regard, Antonelli Kantor Rivera has extensive experience in land use regulation including, drafting and advising municipal clients with respect to COAH, zoning, subdivision, fire and building code and environmental ordinances. Our attorneys have also represented private clients at all aspect of the land use process, including permit and plan applications before municipal zoning and planning boards, and litigation before the courts.
In addition, Antonelli Kantor Rivera and its Attorneys have extensive experience in the areas of procurement by public agencies and the administration of governmental contracts. The firm’s attorneys have represented both public agencies and private contractors in proceedings arising out of the award and administration of public contracts.
Our Attorneys have litigated real estate tax assessment appeals on behalf of both public and private clients. In addition, our Attorneys have represented both public and private entities in eminent domain litigation, the acquisition and leasing of real estate related to public entities, and the dedication and vacation of public streets and rights-of-way.
Antonelli Kantor Rivera