Jarrid Kantor has substantial experience litigating a variety of matters in both the State and Federal Courts in New Jersey and New York. In addition, Mr. Kantor has appeared before numerous boards throughout the State on a variety of applications.
Mr. Kantor currently serves as the Township Attorney for the Township of Livingston as well as the Borough Attorney for the Borough of Roselle Park. Additionally, he has previously served as Town Attorney for the Town of Dover.
Mr. Kantor’s practice focusses on the following: (i) representation of public entities and boards, in various capacities; (ii) counseling closely held businesses in all aspect of their business; and (iii) complex civil litigation representing both Plaintiffs and Defendants (public and private) in disputes in State and Federal Court. Such experience includes the litigation of claims involving, and among other things: (a) Tort Claims under N.J.S.A. 59:1-1 et seq.; (b) CEPA claims; (c) LAD claims; (d) Employment claims; and (e) other Employment disputes; (f) breach of contract; (g) collections; (h) construction litigation; (i) defense of class actions; (j) and other litigated matters. In that connection, and in addition to his private business and individual clients, Mr. Kantor has represented the following public entities in the following capacities:
- Special Counsel to Union Township;
- Special Counsel to the City of Plainfield;
- Outside litigation counsel to City of Trenton;
- Special Assistant County Counsel in Middlesex County;
- Special Project Counsel to the Middlesex Improvement Authority;
- Litigation Counsel to Middlesex Improvement Authority;
- Outside litigation counsel to Union County;
- Special Project counsel to the Town of Rahway;
- Special counsel to Town of Dover;
- Redevelopment counsel for the Township of Hillside;
- Conflict Counsel to the Roselle Board of Education;
- Special Counsel to the City of Trenton;
- Special Counsel to the Township of Edison;
- Special Counsel to the Middlesex Improvement Authority;
- Special Counsel to the County of Union;
- Special Counsel to the County of Middlesex;
- Special Counsel to the City of Rahway;
- Special Counsel to Town of Dover;
- Special Counsel to the Borough of Hillside;
- Special Counsel to the Town of West New York;
- Redevelopment Counsel for the Township of Hillside;
- Labor Counsel for the Linden Board of Education; and
- Conflict Counsel to the Roselle Board of Education.
For his work, Mr. Kantor, has been recognized as a Super Lawyer for his excellence in practice for years 2010 through the present.
Mr. Kantor brings a businesslike mindset to litigation discussing both the risks and probability of success at every stage of the litigation process. Most notably, Mr. Kantor is a zealous advocate for his clients with an unrelenting commitment to meet and exceed his clients’ goals in each and every representation.